English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto

Rhetoric Choices - Juna (12 F) Empty Rhetoric Choices - Juna (12 F)

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:31 am
"Why is Modern Art so Bad?"

Definition
Works of Art from the past that deepened, uplift and inspires us. Other than that, artist reflects on their powerful skills of intelligent excellence.

Description
The art that we used to see in the old days used to be very charismatic and beautifully designed with a meaning inside it. But now in the modern world we live in, the citizen's favourite art is a non-creative and garbage design of art that is shown in the world today.

A comparison or Contrast
Art in the old days use to have a meaning, there was a quality standards that was installed into their perfectly artistic design. But nowadays for art it's nothing. There's no expression of creativity whatsoever given into the work. That's the difference between the art generation between the 19th century and today.

Rhetorical Analysis Essay

I couldn't seem to rely on both articles when they're writing their arguments about the video. I pick the article statement from Jack Williams over Kevin Rabida where he uses a times new roman for his font (while Rabida uses Arial), and his explanations are longer and detailed than Rabida himself. There were atleast several pictures and videos that were added into his article which is a good thing, not only that but the opening seem to mislead me. The article itself is long, and there are lots of explanations to be told which is still a good thing and same goes for the pictures. The font bugs me for how small the writing is (maybe same goes to this) but not the information though. There are many explanations to be explained one being an opening that misleads me to his article as a brief understanding, where tells us a little bit of PragerU and then comparing Western Art over Eastern Art and complains why Japanese Arr was featured in the video as an additional explanation. It's also good to have an additional detail, which is what Williams did for each art design listed in his article. There was a small brief history telling us about the art models itself from old till new and tells us why it was made like this. That part can't' be removed from the article and should be an additional backup source as evidence to claim his statement.

Here are some lines that I favour from the article:

"While I find both PragerU and Florczak to lead viewers to make incorrect leaps in judgment, sometimes by deliberately withholding pertinent information, there are some points in this video that are worth pondering."

Alright, yes, that was his conclusion to the article, but that doesn't mean that his long statement is nonsense. In an Ethos perspective I would say that his statement is complex that there are many arts to be discovered than the argument itself. I really admire having a brief explanation about arts that are mentioned in the video, so that we could know more about the situation that is going on with Florczak's perspective. The willing of being able to explain more is the power that is within Jack Williams himself. As for Pathos, it really takes time for me to understand to emotion of the author. At first I was a little bit frustrated not knowing what I was reading before the argument, but it actually seemed to refresh my brain as we get more in depth with his argument. I couldn't tell whether the author is being neutral or mad towards the statement made by Robert Florczak, but he knew that there were several explanations that could help improve his argument in order to state the thought on what he thinks about the statement made by Florczak in the video.
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

Rhetoric Choices - Juna (12 F) Empty Re: Rhetoric Choices - Juna (12 F)

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm
Very extensive.

One AP tip for you might be to try to get to the point and be concise. The examiner wants to quickly find the pieces of evidence and the thesis and get on to the next exam. Making it easy for the examiner to score quickly makes it easy for them to give you the full points. (We will be scoring our own essays next week.)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum