English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto

AP Project - Juna (12 F) Empty AP Project - Juna (12 F)

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 am
AP Project - Juna (12 F) 038696900_1489716004-maung

Legend Of The Cisewu Tiger
(Original title: Kisah Macan Cisewu)

[READ THE STORY]

Elements and Aspects of the Story

“My name is Troban, and we are from the Freudtijer tribe here to mourn over Tony’s death.”

When I was thinking about what will happen after Tony’s death, James Earl Jones’ The Lion King come to me in mind. Troban being one of the Freudtijer is to me the James Earl Jones of this tribe, and I visualize him playing the tribe while voicing Troban. If not him, then one of the actors from Black Panther which I wanted the ancestor scene to be an inspiration. So I was thinking where I want to have a thousand of Freudtijers that are still alive to mourn over Tony’s death and gather around in front of Mr. Frodo’s house as if Yusuf felt like he was looking at heaven, or hope that Tony’s kind may have not died yet. I also introduced to Willie Jones as one of the Freudtijers that come to Mr. Frodo’s house, and I want him to play a role in the future someday.

Yusuf then asked. “Does our world ever smile?”

The topic can pretty much be seen, the reason why we start with the police asking Yusuf about Tony’s appearance is because we live in a crisis world, that’s why we plot this story for somewhere between 2016 to 2017 to recapture the vibe of when the Cisewu Tiger was a thing in the media. It’s also about the crisis and the crime that has been living in Indonesia, so I want to visualize that and ask that question to everyone about the world we live in today.

“As we gathered today, this tiger is not a happy tiger but a threat to our country! He came from the Freudtijer tribe, and his appearance on the internet has embarrassed our country only because of what he does on the internet.”

Tony’s death is what I visualize every day when I’m working on this story. I tried asking my friends on how am I going to kill Tony off in this story. So knowing that he was a statue that was taken down by the military, I thought of a hammer which the troops used to torture Tony to death as a symbol that the military used that equipment to destroy the Cisewu tiger statue. This scene was a heart breaking moment for me, but it is also one of the saddest scenes I’ve ever worked on.

The internet has really lost their minds and starts to like this Happy Tiger, there’s also a time where Tony made merchandise for himself and post it on social media. Unfortunately the merchandise is not for sale, but luckily there are sellers online that has started to create merchandise revolving on the Happy Tiger.

Months after the Cisewu statue was taken down in 2017, I have started becoming a fan of online shopping. So sometimes I would check Tokopedia or Bukalapak as my source to buy something good online, like an Iron Man-styled mouse. So knowing that Tony has become famous for his appearance as the Happy Tiger on the internet, I’d thought it be really cool for readers to see that his appearance has turned into a phenomenon that people could adore.

Theme & Moral of the story
When I working on the story, they gave a topic to work based on one of the provinces in Indonesia. I said to myself that I wanted to do a tale based on the Cisewu tiger, and it turns out that I got permission to do that story. So it’s taking place in the present day, and it takes place in West Java. I say to myself that the moral would about the world that never smiles, and that is here in the land of Cisewu. When Tony got executed, it’s a proof that the country doesn’t approve his existence.

The Languages That I Possess
The fact that I was born in Malaysia and live in Indonesia would not mean I am a citizen of those two but only Indonesia. I've lived in Indonesia for about 13 years, and the language that I am more proficient in is English compared to Indonesian. The reason to that is that when I was born in Malaysia, the first language the my parents thought me is English, and when I moved to Indonesia that’s where I start to learn about the main language of the country that I now lived in until today. That also doesn’t mean that I’m bad at Indonesian, I can speak Indonesian but I’m not totally perfect at it but that doesn’t mean I can’t speak Indonesian at all. I went to a bimble school and everyone there speak Indonesian, so I try to at least fit in with their language just like some of the students that speak their native language in an American-based school. I am a man with my own ways, and I am a man who is only capable of speaking 2 languages before doing the others from across the globe. I become an Indonesian by living with the environment around me, speaking the language that everyone spoke either at home or at school or anywhere else in this country. I’m good at English because it’s the main language that everyone speak globally, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t speak the language of the country that I lived in.

[EPILOGUE]

If the link doesn't work, check Google Drive.
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

AP Project - Juna (12 F) Empty Re: AP Project - Juna (12 F)

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:31 am
Looks very thorough!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum