English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rully

Thesis and Claims Analysis (Rully) Empty Thesis and Claims Analysis (Rully)

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am
Rully
3 Article comments

Thesis: Budi Budiman, The Indonesian Man That Can Communicate with Satan Himself
https://english12.forumotion.com/t204-audience-beliefs-values-needs-writing-derrel-12i

Claim: that Satan exist in our world

Evidences: Budi Budiman has frequent meetings with the devil himself.

Comments: This article is really concise and is easy to understand, but the evidence are really lacking. There is only one, and it isn’t even a concrete one. Even so, it is interesting enough, and would really attract the audience the writer intended to write for.

Thesis: Bigfoot: The missing link in our ancestry
https://english12.forumotion.com/t205-audience-beliefs-values-needs-writing-raihan-seno-athallah

Claim: Big foot is the missing link in human ancestry

Evidences: Biologist believe bigfoot are the missing link in human ancestry

Claim: Bigfoot exists

Evidences:
[- lead researchers to the forest where many had claimed they sighted the creature.
- In the high mountains pieces of hair were found lying in the forest, many believed the pieces of hair belonged to a large mammal but it was yet to be unidentified, after many researched was conducted by scientist it was finally identified that the hair is linked to the mythical Bigfoot.

Comments: I think that this article was pretty good. It has a good amount of claims and evidences. The article also uses people who are trusted to make the claims more believable, although, I think this article only focuses on the existence of bigfoot, it doesn’t give much evidences for the claim that bigfoot is the missing link in human ancestry.

Thesis: Is Atlantis Hiding in Plain Sight All Along?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10aOTuI0LDjUJf8ujg7ehjQIX7uDWqPAIjOT9YllnS-8/edit?usp=sharing

Claim: The Eye of Sahara is Atlantis

Evidences:
-The Eye of the Sahara is a series of concentric rings that accurately matches Plato’s description of Atlantis.
- Satellite images of the Eye of the Sahara reassemble that of a city obliterated by a tsunami, just like Atlantis
- The death of Atlantis was dated roughly around 11,600 years ago, which coincides with the Younger Dryas, a climactic event where the earth’s climate abruptly changed. This catastrophic event caused the long lost city of Atlantis to emerge from the earth instead of actually sinking into the depths of the ocean.
- Jimmy McLaren, the forefather of this discovery has stated that Greek mythology and plate tectonics play a large role in establishing the fact that Atlantis is above land and is visible at plain sight.

Comments: This article is the best of the bunch that I’ve read. The writer uses their own theory, and support it with a lot of evidences that are from trusted people, such as satellite, Jimmy Mclaren, and Plato. There is no loophole between the theory and the evidences. They were intricately written, making a cohesive and believable article. For me, this article truly makes me believe that the Eye of Sahara is Atlantis.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum