English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto

Rhetorical Choice 2 - Juna (12 F) Empty Rhetorical Choice 2 - Juna (12 F)

Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:04 am

I couldn't say anything after taking a look at this speech but to give myself hope. This assignment was never completed not (only) because I don't have the power to accomplish this task, but somehow the speech affected with my life a lot, and it haunts me by saying that this is not the end for me.

This is not the end of your story
This is not the final chapter of your life.

There are many certain important key points to this speech, and some you couldn't resist at the moment you needed a light. The title itself says that "This is NOT the end" and it isn't for him but most certainly he says that to encourage those who are living in fear, who are living in a state of desperate, who are feeling hopeless at the edge of their life, and that's me over there, a student outcast by a woman who has disappeared with an incomplete ending, that's what caused my unstable ability in focusing on topics like this, but to be fair enough this speech there is well written and well motivated. Here are some other important aspects:

The reason anyone gets depressed always comes down to the CONSISTENT thoughts we think, and the CONSISTENT beliefs we hold.

Let me say that again.

The reason anyone gets depressed always comes down to the CONSISTENT thoughts we think, and the CONSISTENT beliefs we hold.

If I believe I am fat, horrible, ugly and unworthy of love, I will most likely become depressed or have depressive thoughts.

If my thought process is “I must be in a relationship and earn X amount to be happy” I might get depression if I don’t achieve those goals.

The point here is that anyone that is depressed, is so, because there is an external factor that didn’t materialize in their life – 

i.e…. They have lost something outside of their control, or don’t have something that is out of their control, 

the most common reasons for depression are : a lost a job, relationship break downs or non existence, body image, comparison to others.

If anyone tends to see their selves as a loser, then it may have been true, but that doesn't mean we are defined as what we have become. People can get depressed for many things, but mainly the things that has cause them to go through their anxiety. Using the word CONSISTENT by the voice actor would make you ask yourself "What does Consistent even mean? And why does it affect us the most?" holding that certain keyword defining it as a factor that cause our depression without knowing what does it do and what its doing with us.

But as the motivator suggested, being consistent of the way we are is what causes our depression to rise, and what we should do is to resist from obtaining that as a part of our life that would describe who we are. Take it from me I'm a guy who always imagine the good things, when what's happening in real life is always the bad things, and that's me being stuck with realism when I tried to be a realist. Being sad doesn't mean we'll be hopeless all the time, but believe in god that there's always a light that will guide us to our happiness. This is something the motivator wants to remind us about, and not only that I'm analysing what the motivator says in his speech to this assignment, but I'm relating myself with it which is what makes me motivated.

The last thing he wants us to be:

Don’t give up! You are worthy! You are more than worthy! You deserve to experience how great life can be – and you owe it to the world to be that positive change for others. To inspire others – who will look to you and say – he did it, she did it, and I can do it too."

And then others will look to you, not with pity but with HOPE, because your strength will become their HOPE, their strength.

This is a little mixed up, but this is the last thing that the motivator wants to remind us. To not give up on hope, to be the better person ourselves, to stand into the light when no one lets you do it, to see ourselves as a strong person. This is also something the woman thought before she left with the incident, and I still believe that she can still see the good in me the way I first talk to her with the good that I correlate with her.

"You're strong than you like" That's what Madam told me, and somehow I myself have create a quote that I would adjust to myself.

"You can't win, you can't save everyone, but you don't give up!" That quote combined with 3 parts is what defines my stamina to rise up again. I would repeat the third underline part just to strengthen myself as the strongest rhetorical thesis of the quote that I just made. The first 2 is what made me lose, but the third one is what told me to not give up the way the motivator encouraged us in his speech/video.

Take it from me, I'm a guy who has gone through a lot of trouble, but I tried to stand up whenever I can, making me the hero of myself. Remember that there's always a lot of things to do in this world, and notice that the motivator has told you is a light that is shining inside you, reminding you that you're not alone and that the story of your life isn't over yet. To me, that means what I thought was over in bad way doesn't mean that it's really over yet. The woman who i pissed, I could get her back. The work that I've unfinished, I could finish them. The stress that I've gone through, I could actually reduce and recover from it.

Encourage yourself that there's still hope, and don't let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do. Don't let them take over your surroundings, making you the weakest part of yourself. Try to jump higher into the light, and soon you'll be there, freeing yourself from the pain that you've been through. Take not only what the motivator has thought you, but apply it to yourself the way I did it when I've been through a lot of pain. The last thing I could say to end this rhetorical passage, is that the motivator wants you to believe in the light, and relating with myself I want you to know that there will someday be a light that will give you hope and that you'll be given freedom from the bad things you've been through if you can slice your way through it.

This has been a passage from an author who feels the same way you guys do when the motivator encourage you to never give up in life, because I feel it too.
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

Rhetorical Choice 2 - Juna (12 F) Empty Re: Rhetorical Choice 2 - Juna (12 F)

Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:09 pm
Okay. You've done an okay job identifying the author's thesis and analyzing how he thinks he's proven it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum