English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
zahrasabira

Methods of Development ( Zahra Sabira)  Empty Methods of Development ( Zahra Sabira)

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:31 am
I am not entirely against the school censorship, but I disagree on some of the censorship rules. Some filtering software is being used to protect children from explicit content (Source B). However, it’s being used in an excessive way. I support on how schools manage to restrict explicit sexual content, but what I disagree is when schools are censoring something that would be useful for students. For instance, schools that are censoring sexual education (Source D). Schools should accurately consider which substances or content that should be banned and which should be allowed. The censorship includes censoring racism, religious viewpoint, and political context (Source D). That kind of policy is very absurd because it’s often blocked students from accessing educational materials. Using an excessive way of censorship can harm students by not being able to self-monitor (Source A). Censorship in school harm not only the students but also teachers. Teachers felt that the internet is over-filtered; therefore, they frequently have to look for alternative resources that are not blocked by the school (Source B). The situation makes it difficult for teachers to find educational materials for students. It’s acceptable to censor some content on the internet, but don’t block the students and teacher from exploring things that they should learn.
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

Methods of Development ( Zahra Sabira)  Empty Re: Methods of Development ( Zahra Sabira)

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:56 am
Okay. And which method(s) of development do you think would be best for arguing your thesis and presenting the evidence you've gathered?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum