English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

Project Empty Project

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:41 pm
Project

Project Projec11

Mission

You have been invited to contribute to an anthology of short-stories titled "Harmony Anthology of Short-Stories". This anthology will publish short-stories that offer insight into the connections between authors' lives and times, and the stories they write.  Each short-story will therefore be accompanied by a reflective essay on the author's writing process and the identity and identity conflicts manifest in the writers' work.

Task description

1. Complete a possible selves template.

2.  Identify a conflict between your self-guides.  Imagine a symbol, metaphor, or allegory that expresses that conflict.

3. Write a short-story based on your chosen symbol, metaphor, or allegory. Minimum 400 words.  Be sure your story is proofread and attractively formatted.  You might like to design illustrations, a cover, and back page.  Submit as a pdf file.  

4.  Complete the reflective essay.  Minimum 400 words.  Be sure your essay is proofread and attractively formatted. Submit as a Word file.

5. STAR.

Reflective essay

Paragraph 1: Introduction.

Paragraph 2: My future self-guides template and commentary.

Paragraph 3: The symbol, metaphor, or allegory that expresses the self conflict I chose and an explanation.

Paragraph 4: How I wrote my story and an interpretation of the theme, moral or life lesson expressed by the symbol, metaphor, or allegory I chose to represent my self conflict.

Paragraph 5: Meta-reflection questions.

Paragraph 6: Conclusion.

Meta-reflection questions

a) How, if at all, did this story project improve my insight into my identity, who I am?  Explain.

b) How, if at all, did this story project improve my English language and knowledge of English language arts?  Explain.  

c) How, if at all, did this story project improve my motivation for studying English?  Explain.

Possible selves template

Project Projec13

Ought self-guide: The future self you are expected to be according to others: parents' expectations, peer pressure, religious and cultural traditions, the authorities, and society.

Ideal self-guide: Your own individual hopes and dreams for your future self.

Learning experiences: The kind of person you have been as a learner of English and English language arts.

Feared selves: The future selves you dread to become.

More information about possible selves and future self-guides: link

Final output

Due December 12th, 2019.  Upload together to the phpBB in one post:

- Short-story.  Minimum 400 words.

- Reflective essay.  Minimum 400 words.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum