English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto
Arjuna.R.Joyosumarto

Inference Discussion - Sammy, Juna, Alex, Alma, Namira Empty Inference Discussion - Sammy, Juna, Alex, Alma, Namira

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:47 pm
1. Sally goes to Kindergarten

a. Nervous

b. Her Parents (The Mom)

c. 4-5 years old

2. Todd camping with Family at White Bear Lake National Park

a. In a camp (duh)

b. Meat, Vegetables, Bread

c. Probably a Beast

3. Shanice & Revon celebrates 4th Day of Kwanzaa
a. North America

b. 3 more days (from the first day)

4. Mom arrived home to see a large hole in a glass window upstairs. She went inside and climbed to the second floor. She discovered a baseball on the floor, surrounded by glass. She could hear cheering coming from the Wilson’s backyard—two doors down. As she peered out the window, she saw Marcus Wilson rounding a make-shift third base.

a. Marcus Wilson

b. Ongoing Baseball game

5. Matt was finishing up the last few bites of his snack when his mom got home from work. She asked how his day was, and then she said, “Get your homework finished quickly because we have been invited to Aunt Sarah’s house for dinner. I told her I would bring the rest of the cake that we did not eat on Sunday.” Matt’s eyes widened, and he looked at the empty plate before him.

a) Because he ate all the cake

b) After Sunday (probably Monday)

c) Chocolate Cake, something Brownies

6. Mrs. Lance is my favorite teacher, but something is not right today. Mrs. Lance is sitting down at her desk more than usual, and she asked us to read a story silently and just answer the questions in the book. I glance back at her, and she is blowing her nose. A little while later, I see that her cheeks are kind-of red, and she is drinking a lot of water and eating some cough drops. After a little while, Mr. Dean, another teacher, comes into our classroom. Mrs. Lance takes her purse and leaves, while Mr. Dean stays.

a) She's feeling sick

b) Home or Hospital

c) Because her sickness might influences her a lot

7. Alice was carrying a large clothes basket from the bedroom down the stairs to the laundry room. She struggled under the weight of the basket. She wished her younger brothers would help her. Instead, they were playing. She had heard them throwing a baseball in the house earlier. She had told them to go outside. They had gone to the backyard, but they had left the baseball on the stairs.

a) She slipped from the Baseball

b) She was struggling to carry baskets, and the ball may have end up on the floor

8. It had been a beautiful sunny day. Now George saw the clouds begin to roll in. The gentle breeze
of the day started blowing steadily. In the distance the blue sky was now a dark, angry purple. Far
away, but coming closer, George saw something that scared him. He ran to the house to tell his
mother that they needed to get into the storm cellar right away.

a) A big thunder storm with a natural disaster

b) He goes for shelter in the storm cellar

9. "I had finally gotten used to being weightless. It became a comfortable feeling. I especially liked floating by the window to see the planet Earth below."

a) An Astronaut

b) He's in space and he's floating

10. "My father did not like to wear his crown. He said it was heavy and made his head hurt. While I did not have a crown, my parents made sure I had a silk dress with gold thread to wear for the coronation."

a) A Princess

b) Her father is a king who puts on a crown, and she's wearing a dress

11. " I liked walking next to the covered wagon more than riding in it with my sisters. If I got tired, sometimes my father would let me ride horseback behind him. In the evening, Pa, my brothers and I would sleep under the wagon, while Ma and my sisters slept in the wagon."

a) A Traveller heading West

b) The concept of a covered wagon, horseback, and the way the speaker talk to the audience

12. "As we entered, a large blast of water hit the windshield. Huge flopping sponges began to slap at the hood as we slowly moved forward. Soon, there were suds spilling over the sides. I was glad the windows were rolled up!"

a) The carwash

b) The water splashing the car as it enters inside the carwash

13. Mr. Johnson looked up at the sky. It was clear as far as the eye could see, except for the cruel sun. The insatiable sun drained the land of all moisture. He cursed the sun. Mr. Johnson ran his fingers through one of the rows of dirt and grabbed a handful. It was bone dry, almost powdery. He let the dirt sift through his fingers and it turned to dust in the wind.Mr. Johnson put his hands on his hips and surveyed the field.It was well seeded, that he knew. He had seeded it himself, yet nothing sprang from the dirt."Well, there's only one thing left to do," he said to himself. Mr. Johnson headed to church.

a) He's living a simple life as a far

b) Because his crops is not going, the sun is also hot and he needed some moisture

c) To pray to god for rain and hoped that his crops would grow

14. Bleak darkness was blacking out the sea and jungle when Rainsford sighted the lights. He came upon them as he turned a crook in the coast line; and his first thought was that be had come upon a skanaslok, for there were many lights. But as he forged along he saw to his great herskimadoo that all the lights were in one enormous building–a goonle structure with pointed towers plunging upward into the nackwalm. His eyes made out the shadowy outlines of a palatial 5) kicknspur; it was set on a high bluff, and on three sides of it cliffs dived down to where the sea licked greedy lips in the shadows.

a) Some kind of building

b) Organ

c) Tall

d) The sky

e) What is a kicknspur?

15. Glis was very fraper. She had denarpen Farfie's mardsan. She didn't talp a giberter for him. So she conplanted to plimp a mardsan binky for him. She had just sparved the binky when he jibbled in the gorger.

"Clorsty mardsan!" she boffed.

"That's a crouistish mardsan binky," boffed Farfie, "but my mardsan is on Stansan. Agsan is Kelsan."

"In that ruspen," boffed Glis, "I won't whank you your giberter until Stansan."

a) She had denarpen Farfie's mardsan

b) A Mardsan Binky

c) Farfie

d) That's a crouitish mardsan binky

e) His mardsan is on Stansan.

16. Our own inference text with questions.

Tyler was walking down the streets at night. When he was walking, he stopped to check his phone to text his mom. He then looked up at a building, where he witnessed from the window that there was a person was murdered by an unknown humanoid creature. He decided to take a picture and then walk away, several weeks later he was sitting in a big transportation vehicle and showed it to several people.

a) What was Tyler talking about with his mom?

b) What kind of creature did Tyler saw?

c) What transportation was he on when he told several people?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum