English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Raul Julio Parera

Inference (Raul, Cyntia, Risty, Iki) Empty Inference (Raul, Cyntia, Risty, Iki)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 am
1. Today is Sally's first day of school, she's starting kindergarten.

a) How is Sally feeling?
Risty : In my opinion she is exited because it is her first time going to school to meet new friends because she could be really lonely at her house if their parents go out to work.
Cyntia :
She is happy because she will meet new friends and who will accompany her is her parents or her nanny
Raul : Kids likes expirencing new things therefore going to a new place making new friends is really happy thing to do.
Iki : She is happy because she will meet new friends and who will accompany her is her parents or her nanny

b) Who is accompanying her to school?
Risty : Parents and nanny
Cyntia : Parents and nanny
Raul : Parents and nanny
Iki : Parents and nanny

c) How old is Sally?

Risty : 6
Cyntia : 5- 6
Raul : 5 - 6
Iki : 6

2. Todd is going camping with his family at White Bear Lake National Park.

a) Where will Todd and his family sleep?
Risty : Tent
Cyntia :
Raul :
Iki :

b) What will they eat for dinner?
Steaks and BBQ

c) They hear a heavy noise late at night. What is it?
Bears and wolfs

3. Today Shanice and Trevon are celebrating the fourth day of Kwanzaa.

a) What country are they in?
Our goups said that we lack infor mation so we dont quite know where they do they live at the moments due to lack info.

b) How many more days of Kwanzaa are there?
Our group said that the three more days of kwanzaa in their place.

4. Mom arrived home to see a large hole in a glass window upstairs. She went inside and climbed to the second floor. She discovered a baseball on the floor, surrounded by glass. She could hear cheering coming from the Wilson’s backyard—two doors down. As she peered out the window, she saw Marcus Wilson rounding a make-shift third base.

a) How did the hole get in the window?
Because marcus willson was playing ball till it accidently hit the house window as it made a hole on it

b) What details from the text support your answer?
" she saw Marcus Wilson rounding a make-shift third base. "

5. Matt was finishing up the last few bites of his snack when his mom got home from work. She asked how his day was, and then she said, “Get your homework finished quickly because we have been invited to Aunt Sarah’s house for dinner. I told her I would bring the rest of the cake that we did not eat on Sunday.” Matt’s eyes widened, and he looked at the empty plate before him.

a) Why did Matt's eyes widen?
The group thing that he was shocked beacausd the cake was finish

b) What day of the week is it?
Weekdays, because he was home from work

c) What kind of cake was it?
We dont know because it is unkown in the text

6. Mrs. Lance is my favorite teacher, but something is not right today. Mrs. Lance is sitting down at her desk more than usual, and she asked us to read a story silently and just answer the questions in the book. I glance back at her, and she is blowing her nose. A little while later, I see that her cheeks are kind-of red, and she is drinking a lot of water and eating some cough drops. After a little while, Mr. Dean, another teacher, comes into our classroom. Mrs. Lance takes her purse and leaves, while Mr. Dean stays.

a) What is wrong with Mrs. Lance?
She is sick, she is having a cold (cough and flu)

b) Where did Mrs. Lance go after she left?
Clinic or home

c) Why do you think that's where she went?
Considering that she is sick, she will have to go to her home to rest or the clinic, to feel more healthy

7. Alice was carrying a large clothes basket from the bedroom down the stairs to the laundry room.
She struggled under the weight of the basket. She wished her younger brothers would help her.
Instead, they were playing. She had heard them throwing a baseball in the house earlier. She had told
them to go outside. They had gone to the backyard, but they had left the baseball on the stairs.

a) What happens next?
Her brothers went upstairs to get the baseball on the stairs

b) How do you know?
Because they had left the baseball on the stairs

8. It had been a beautiful sunny day. Now George saw the clouds begin to roll in. The gentle breeze
of the day started blowing steadily. In the distance the blue sky was now a dark, angry purple. Far
away, but coming closer, George saw something that scared him. He ran to the house to tell his
mother that they needed to get into the storm cellar right away.

a) What did George see?
A group of storm/lightning/heavy rain coming his way

b) What happens next?
The storm begins, because they were both waiting in the storm shelter

9. "I had finally gotten used to being weightless. It became a comfortable feeling. I especially liked floating by
the window to see the planet Earth below."

a) Who is the speaker?
An astronout

b) How do you know?
From the text "floating by the window to see the planet Earth below."

10. "My father did not like to wear his crown. He said it was heavy and made his head hurt. While I did not
have a crown, my parents made sure I had a silk dress with gold thread to wear for the coronation."

a) Who is the speaker?
The daughter/princess of the kingdom

b) How do you know?
The speaker uses the word "father", and also cause there are roalty word such as "crown"

11. " I liked walking next to the covered wagon more than riding in it with my sisters. If I got tired, sometimes
my father would let me ride horseback behind him. In the evening, Pa, my brothers and I would sleep under the wagon, while Ma and my sisters slept in the wagon."

a) Who is the speaker?
The youngest child

b) How do you know?
She is stating things that would be interesting and cool for younger kids

12. "As we entered, a large blast of water hit the windshield. Huge flopping sponges began to slap at the hood as we slowly moved forward. Soon, there were suds spilling over the sides. I was glad the windows were rolled up!"

a) Where is the speaker?
Car wash

b) How do you know?
Because the speaker is describing a what he sees in a car wash

13. Mr. Johnson looked up at the sky. It was clear as far as the eye could see, except for the cruel sun.The insatiable sun drained the land of all moisture.He cursed the sun. Mr. Johnson ran his fingers through one of the rows of dirt and grabbed a handful.It was bone dry, almost powdery. He let the dirt sift through his fingers and it turned to dust in the wind.Mr. Johnson put his hands on his hips and surveyed the field.It was well seeded, that he knew. He had seeded it himself, yet nothing sprang from the dirt."Well, there's only one thing left to do," he said to himself. Mr. Johnson headed to church.

a) What does Mr. Johnson do for a living?
He is a farmer, he farms

b) Why does Mr. Johnson curse the sun?
Because of the heat it was producing, it was too hot

c) Why does Mr. Johnson go to church?
To pray and to thank god, to be more blessed

14. Bleak darkness was blacking out the sea and jungle when Rainsford sighted the lights. He came upon them as he turned a crook in the coast line; and his first thought was that be had come upon a skanaslok, for there were many lights. But as he forged along he saw to his great herskimadoo that all the lights were in one enormous building–a goonle structure with pointed towers plunging upward into the nackwalm. His eyes made out the shadowy outlines of a palatial 5) kicknspur; it was set on a high bluff, and on three sides of it cliffs dived down to where the sea licked greedy lips in the shadows.

a) What is a skanaslok?
It is a village

b) What does herskimadoo mean?
Biggest shock, he was shocked

c) What does goonle mean?
Something that is lofty

d) What does nackwalm mean?
gloom

e) What is a kicknspur?
chateau

15. Glis was very fraper. She had denarpen Farfie's mardsan. She didn't talp a giberter for him. So she conplanted to plimp a mardsan binky for him. She had just sparved the binky when he jibbled in the gorger.

"Clorsty mardsan!" she boffed.

"That's a crouistish mardsan binky," boffed Farfie, "but my mardsan is on Stansan. Agsan is Kelsan."

"In that ruspen," boffed Glis, "I won't whank you your giberter until Stansan."

a) Why was Glis fraper?
She had just sparved the binky when he jibbled in the gorger.

b) What did Glis plimp?
Mardsan binky

c) Who jibbled in the gorger when Glis sparved the binky?
Farfie

d) What did Farfie bof about the mardsan binky?
I dont know

e) Why didn't Glis whank Farfie his giberter?
I dont know

16. Cynthia hurried to the mall to get a present for Risty with Raul and Iki.

a.) Why is she in a hurry
Because she is running late

b.) What happens afterwards
She goes to risty's birthday party

c.) What item did she bought
Unknown to the text
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum