English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
zahrasabira

Audience: Beliefs, values, & needs  - Writing (Zahra Sabira)  Empty Audience: Beliefs, values, & needs - Writing (Zahra Sabira)

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 am
“The Zodiac Killer”
Zahra Sabira

Summary:
The Zodiac Killer was a serial killer who stalked parts of Northern California from December 1968 through October 1969. The Zodiac Killer was related to at least five murders and may have done more. He made threats to police and sending letters to area newspapers. Each letter closed with a symbol of a circle with a cross through it. The symbol is known for the Zodiac killer’s symbol. He also claimed that the three-part cipher contained his identity. The police departments and the FBI were trying to solve the case, but another letter arrived from the killer. High school teacher Donald Harden was able to solve the letter. “I like killing people because it is so much fun.” “It is more fun than killing wild game in the forest because man is the most dangerous animal of all.” The keeps sending more cipher and mocked the police because they can’t catch him. In 1974 the letters stopped, while his identity remains unknown.

Conclusion:
Most people have high interest to solve a horror mystery, which is why this article would be a match. The case discussed a murder that is very unusual from any other case. This unsolved case involved a letter that was written in code, and not many people can solve it. Even Donald Harden was not able to decode the cipher. He was able to crack the 408-symbol cipher, but the last 18 letters could not be decoded. People tend to read this kind of article because it’s thrilling and can rain your brain to logical thinking.

Brief Statement:
The main target audience is young adults starting from 15-24 years old. In that kind of age range, they not only live for “basic entertainment,” but also things that are more. The things that young adult like are excitement, thrills, and adrenaline, and something unique. I made this article in a short and simple form so that busy teenagers can save their time. I use simple words and vocabulary that will ease the readers or audience when reading. Based on teenager’s habit and behavior, they like to read in a clear and big font, that is why I made my font “Arial.
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

Audience: Beliefs, values, & needs  - Writing (Zahra Sabira)  Empty Re: Audience: Beliefs, values, & needs - Writing (Zahra Sabira)

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:34 pm
Task completed. Well done, superior audience analysis.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum