English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mario gozali

ETYMOLOGY AND POEM Empty ETYMOLOGY AND POEM

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 am
English ( the English word originin starts with a mixed of Germanic and mostly old English. Turning into the now we know everyday language which is the new and modern language of English. It goes back right to England and it was named after anglic to englic to English.

Old English bird, rare collateral form of bridd, originally "young bird, nestling" (the usual Old English for "bird" being fugol, for which see fowl, which is of uncertain origin with no cognates in any other Germanic language.

Long’s orignin comes of a slang which in old English means tall. The Germanic words perhaps are from PIE (source also of Latin longus "long, extended; further; of long duration; distant, remote.

LET ME BE WHO I WANNA BE

I wanna sing
I wanna dance
I wanna touch the old sky with my own two hands!
If I sing something, It'll set me free
And let me be who I wanna be

I'll hip-hop and jive with my heart and my soul
I'll press down to the bump, to the rock and the roll
Like a skylark on the wing
or a rosebud in the spring,
Like a gangster and his bling, like fish bait from a sling,
Like a puppet with no string
like an English feudal king
Like all those kinds of wonderful, wonderful things

THEME

The theme of the poem is freedom and the poem is describing about how people can be free and should be allowed freedom. Because the poem was describing about someone and how he wanted to express himself to the world. So nothing should stay quite, as a metaphor you have your words as loud as lion so why let your voice be tamed. Were all little different and theres no need to be ashamed.
Mr. Stockton
Mr. Stockton
Admin

ETYMOLOGY AND POEM Empty Re: ETYMOLOGY AND POEM

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 am
Complete.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum