English 12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kaniamhrn

kania poetry rupi kaur  Empty kania poetry rupi kaur

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 am
this poem actually makes me feel about how i sometimes feel i couldnt keep up with the society and how i feel like i have to camouflage each time with the standards of different people, this actually make me think about how rupi kaur feels when she have no one but herself during her transfer to a new country that she never goes to. People usually have their own standards but sometimes people have come to a point where everyone is shape in a certain way and in result that they are not thinking in outside of their mind but instead they are thinking what people wanted them to think which is ugly because we couldnt think freely anymore and couldnt think of a new possibilities.
This poem also tells about how there are people who are making their own standard and introducing to people who is really mediocre, it might be really weird for those who never met and never know deeply who those ‘making your own standards’ peoples but step by step they will know eventually how this people are, they might look the same but no they are different.
also it introduces rupi kaur for all the people who couldnt express themselves which means that this poems is becoming an inspiration in which there are alot of people who cannot express themselves freely or even express themselves with details, these selections of words that rupi kaur used in the poems really leads to a very detailed structure of self expression because rupi kaur herself told about it in her website that she is amazed by poets who actually can express their feelings with words and it also got it stuck in your head and stuck in your heart. It could also describe how some people just think that some people going to be the same comparing with others and somehow getting the expectation that this new person is going to be the same with the person from the past and it is not right to just think that it is going to be the same, people differs their personality though some could've been similar, its very hard to tell people how one could different with each other and to know that its not good to compare. Rupi kaur really tells about analogy and how she uses words very selectively because she really wants the reader to know about how it felt like how is it that the person is feeling that way, feeling like she is not the expectation/bad expectation that they stereotyping her into but even though it feels like she is a foreign person to everyone they still wanting to see what do this expectations leads them into because they never know if they never finds out about her and no, she is not an experiment and she said that in ‘dont come here with expectations and try to make a vacation out of me’ and what i also think is that even some people thinks that this thing is very unlikely rare or should i say that its mediocre but people can have their own conclusion based on the poem, some people might describe into a dfiferent aspect from each other, one can also think that this poem is deep because they interpret it in a different way.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum